Type of Institution Primary School
Age Range 4 - 11 Years
Religious Character None ?
School Capacity 210
Number of Staff 20
Ofsted Rating Outstanding
|Headteacher||Mrs Vicki Briody,|
Early Years Education / Reception (3 - 5 yrs)
Primary / Infants (5 - 7 yrs)
Primary / Juniors (7 - 11 yrs)
|Legal Status||Free Schools|
|Local Authority Name||Camden|
|Parliamentary Constituency||Holborn and St Pancras|
|Urban or Rural Setting||Urban major conurbation|
- This is an outstanding school.
- The school community is united in support of the school. This is due to the clear sense of purpose and ambition shared by the headteacher, governing body and the trust.
- The committed and highly effective leadership of the headteacher has galvanised the staff into a cohesive and determined team.
- The headteacher and governors ensure that the school’s work is constantly evaluated and improved. Clear guidance leads to the ongoing fine tuning of teaching practice.
- The quality of teaching is outstanding. It interests, excites and inspires pupils. An early focus on instilling a love of learning and developing a sense of curiosity supports pupils’ achievement well.
- From their starting points, pupils make outstanding progress. Standards in reading, writing and mathematics are above age-related expectations. A significantly higher proportion of Reception pupils than nationally reached a good level of development in 2014.
- Provision in the Early Years Foundation Stage is extremely responsive to children’s needs. Staff work together closely to track their progress. Children are highly engaged and motivated by the teaching. As a result, they concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary in lessons, at play and when away from the school site. Their positive attitudes and inquisitive nature support their learning very well.
- The school’s arrangements to ensure pupils are safe instil confidence in parents and pupils. Pupils thrive in a safe environment; they learn to assess risk and are not afraid to make mistakes.
- The governing body maintains a clear oversight of the school’s performance. It has a well-balanced approach to supporting and challenging the school.
- Despite the uncertainty of the impending move to temporary premises, parents are highly supportive of the school’s work. Leaders have developed detailed plans to ensure that the move does not detract from the school’s sharp focus on high quality provision.
|Overall Ofsted Inspection Rating||Outstanding|
|Achievment of Pupils||Outstanding|
|Quality of Teaching||Outstanding|
|Behaviour and Safety of Pupils||Outstanding|
|Effectiveness of Leadership and Management||Outstanding|
|Report Type||Full Inspection|
|View Ofsted Report||View Ofsted Report|
Pupil and Staff Information
Number of Pupils
Percentage of Girls
Percentage of Boys
Percentage of SEN Pupils
Percentage of Pupils with English not as a first language
Percentage of Pupils Eligible for Free School Meals
Number of Teachers
Number of Teaching Assistants
Number of Support Staff
Pupil to Teacher Ratio