|Headteacher||Mr Matthew Reetz, Headteacher|
|Educational Stages||Primary / Juniors (7 - 11 yrs)|
|Legal Status||Academy Sponsor Led|
|Local Authority Name||Northamptonshire|
|Urban or Rural Setting||Urban city and town|
- Abbey CofE Academy is a junior school and is smaller than the average-sized primary school.
- The academy was created in December 2013. The academy’s sponsor is the David Ross Educational Trust
- The very large majority of pupils are White British.
- The percentage of disadvantaged pupils who are supported through the pupil premium (which provides additional funding for students in local authority care and those previously known to be eligible for free school meals) is similar to the national average.
- The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs is below average.
- The academy runs a breakfast club which was included in this inspection.
- The academy met the government’s current floor standards in 2014, which set the minimum expectations for pupils’ attainment and progress by the end of Year 6.
- The academy’s full governing body was constituted in September 2014, when a new Chair of Governors was appointed.
- The academy’s new headteacher worked with the academy from January 2015 and has been substantively in post since March 2015.
- The academy has the support of a local leader of education through the David Ross Educational Trust.
Primary Level Performance
Pupils meeting the expected standard in reading, writing and maths
Pupils achieving at a higher standard in reading, writing and maths
Average score in reading
Average score in maths
Number of Pupils
Percentage of Girls
Percentage of Boys
Percentage of SEN Pupils
Percentage of Pupils with English not as a first language
Percentage of Pupils Eligible for Free School Meals
Number of Teachers
Number of Teaching Assistants
Number of Support Staff
Pupil to Teacher Ratio
Food & Hygiene
|Food Preparation||No Data|
|Food Standards Agency: Hygiene Rating|
|Food Standards Agency: Inspection Date||07/02/2019|