|Headteacher||Mrs Kaye Hunter, Headteacher|
Nursery / Pre-school (0 - 4 yrs)
Reception / Infants (4 - 7 yrs)
|Legal Status||Voluntary Controlled School|
|Local Authority Name||Warwickshire|
|Urban or Rural Setting||Urban city and town|
- This is an average-sized school.
- Nursery sessions take place each morning and afternoon, and the arrangements for children’s attendance are flexible.
- There are two single-age classes in the Reception Year and in Years 1 and 2. Pupils are grouped by ability for literacy lessons.
- The proportions of pupils from minority ethnic groups and pupils who speak English as an additional language are broadly average. A few are at the early stages of learning English.
- The proportion of disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs supported through school action is well above average. The proportion supported at school action plus or with a statement of special educational needs is about average.
- The proportion of pupils supported by extra funding through the pupil premium is above average. In this school it applies to children who are in the care of the local authority and those known to be eligible for free school meals.
- Since the previous inspection there have been many changes of teaching staff, including the appointment of a new headteacher in 2011 and a new deputy headteacher.
- There is a privately run nursery, Abbey Fields Day Nursery, on the school site. It is inspected separately. The school is in the process of taking over the responsibility for running this nursery.
- The school receives no external support.
- The school provides support to other local schools through: the headteacher leading Early Years’ networking meetings two teachers in Key Stage 1 acting as assessment moderators for the local authority other teachers visiting to observe the work of the learning mentor and nurture group, the school’s effective implementation of a commercial literacy scheme, and the way children are taught in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Number of Pupils
Percentage of Girls
Percentage of Boys
Percentage of SEN Pupils
Percentage of Pupils with English not as a first language
Percentage of Pupils Eligible for Free School Meals
Number of Teachers
Number of Teaching Assistants
Number of Support Staff
Pupil to Teacher Ratio
Food & Hygiene
|Food Preparation||No Data|
|Food Standards Agency: Hygiene Rating|
|Food Standards Agency: Inspection Date||19/10/2018|