|Headteacher||Ms Karen Joy, Headteacher|
|Educational Stages||Not Applicable|
|Legal Status||Community Special School|
|Local Authority Name||Medway|
|Parliamentary Constituency||Rochester and Strood|
|Urban or Rural Setting||Urban city and town|
- This is an outstanding school.
- Pupils make outstanding progress, particularly in literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology (ICT).
- Those with speech, language and communication needs make significant strides in developing and improving their communication skills through signing, the use of picture symbol cards and the use of a range of new technologies.
- Children attending the part-time sessions in the Early Years Foundation Stage make excellent progress, which prepares them for learning and enables them to proceed successfully to the next stage of their education.
- The outstanding sixth form provision enables older students to continue their seamless progress through the school and achieve nationally recognised qualifications. They improve their independence and social skills and this prepares them successfully for life beyond the school.
- As a result of a robust and sustained focus on improvement by the senior leadership team since the previous inspection, the quality of teaching across the school is now outstanding. Other strengths of the school’s work identified at the last inspection have been sustained and further improved.
- Pupils’ attitudes to learning and behaviour are excellent, which is a result of highly effective class management by teachers and other adults supporting in the classrooms.
- Pupils told the inspectors that they are safe and well looked after, which is further confirmed by the school’s own surveys, which are carried out regularly.
- The headteacher’s inspirational leadership of the school, together with the support of her highly effective senior leadership team, ensures the school meets fully its vision and aims and lives up to its motto, ‘We grow people’.
- The highly experienced governing body is outstanding in its role as a critical and supportive friend and successfully ensures the school is financially stable.
|Overall Ofsted Inspection Rating||Good||Outstanding|
|Achievment of Pupils||Good||Outstanding|
|Quality of Teaching||Good||Outstanding|
|Behaviour and Safety of Pupils||Outstanding||Outstanding|
|Effectiveness of Leadership and Management||Good||Outstanding|
|View Ofsted Report||View Ofsted Report||View Ofsted Report|
Pupil and Staff Information
Number of Pupils
Percentage of Girls
Percentage of Boys
Percentage of SEN Pupils
Percentage of Pupils with English not as a first language
Percentage of Pupils Eligible for Free School Meals
Number of Teachers
Number of Teaching Assistants
Number of Support Staff
Pupil to Teacher Ratio